Navigate Up
Sign In

Economically Self-Sufficient Persons / Pensioners / Retired Persons

Economically Self-Sufficinet Persons

Third country nationals in respect of whom the Commissioner of Inland Revenue (CIR) has issued a permit under the conditions of the (permanent) Residence Scheme or High Net Worth Individuals non-EU/EEA/Swiss National Rules have to apply for a uniform residence permit under the Global Residence Scheme.  They have to produce evidence of sickness insurance for themselves and members of their families. They need not, however, submit documentary evidence about income and accommodation.

In the case of persons who are not in possession of a CIR certificate, applications for a uniform residence permit will only be accepted if the persons concerned are to take up residence in Malta on a temporary basis. Prospective applicants should submit a letter giving details about their background and the reason or reasons why they wish to take up temporary residence in Malta.

Last updated in June 2014.